“Freckles never tired of studying the devotion of a fox mother to her babies. To him, whose early life had been so embittered by continual proof of neglect and cruelty in human parents toward their children, the love of these furred and feathered folk of the Limberlost was even more of a miracle than to the Bird Woman and the Angel.” Gene Stratton Porter
A special new book club is coming this June!
In June, we will be reading one of our favorite American classics, in our Facebook Book Club community: The Potato Peel Pie Society. Gene Stratton Porter’s Freckles, is a beautiful story for a mom’s summer schole. Next weekend, Diane will have a post on this site, telling us about Freckles, the Limberlost, and why we think that it is a worthy summer read.
We are going to give away one copy of the book!
Here’s what you need to do to participate in the book club and be eligible for the giveaway:
- Watch this website for Diane’s article about Freckles next week.
- Join our Facebook Book Club: Potato Peel Pie Society
- Join the Freckles Event inside that group (you won’t be able to join the event until you have joined the group).
- Comment on the Book Giveaway thread.
- Register your email address here.
- Watch for the results of the drawing on Friday, May 27th.
- One lucky winner will have a copy of Freckles, sent via Amazon to their door, just in time for the June book club.
On June 1st, our book club will get started!
If all goes well in June, we will announce an August book club with another book give away!